- Born in the French county of Aveyron on 12th April 1979.
- Artistic studies: CAP as graphic communications designer (French vocational training certifi- cate), BAC Pro in graphic communication (French vocational Baccalaureate) and BTS in visual communication (French college diploma).
- Career: Rêve d’Impression, Air Graphic, Fleuret label, Bottin, Keller/INE/Nortier Group, and currently with Dupuis & Associés (in charge of the Pre-Press Graphic Department).
- Fascinated from the outset by colours, materials and touch, he adores the sensorial side of life, expressing himself through painting since 1999.
Hence, he has been able to link his hobby to his career!
- African masks were his first source of inspiration, intriguing and mysterious, combined with the will to fathom himself out...
His paintings are his portrait, his ever reflection, evolving over time.
Another means of expression, another encounter, this time with Lyseth Création where Chris discovered raw material and engraving. Several collections have arisen from this partnership, and still today.
His paintings have since evolved, based on free calligraphy, on the research of colours with pure pigments and geometric constructions, as well as on materials.
- For the past four years, photography has also become an important part of his artistic passion.
- Two years ago saw the inauguration of his first major exhibition, entitled “Envol” [Take Off], a combination of past inspirations, of pigments and geometric constructions, and of photographs, all based on the common denominator: freedom.
- Today, Chris Calvet presents “Signe” [Sign], a collection combining photography and calli- graphy. With his usual symbolic touch, the body here mingles with the ink, to then gently fade away.